— ECFC Events —
Early Childhood in the Era of Climate Change
April 6, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Add this event to your calendar:
Climate change threatens many of our early childhood goals, including children’s physical and mental health, family well-being, and school readiness. At the same time, young children are incredibly valuable in the climate fight because of how their healthy development is entwined with a healthy, climate-resilient society.
Join ECFC, Health and Environmental Funders Network, Children, Youth and Family Funders Roundtable and Capita, co-convener of the Early Years Climate Action Taskforce, to learn more about the crossroads of climate change and early childhood development, ways early childhood-focused philanthropies can engage with the climate to further their missions, and how a climate frame can open up early childhood to a powerful new set of investments.
Joining us (view all speaker bios)
- Moderator: Elliot Haspel – Author; Director, Climate & Young Children, Capita
- Jacqueline Patterson, Founder and Executive Director of the Chisholm Legacy Project: A Resource Hub for Black Frontline Climate Justice Leadership
- Diana Rauner – President, Start Early; Co-Chair, Early Years Climate Task Force; Former First Lady of Illinois
- Tonja Rucker – Director, Early Childhood Success, Institute for Youth, Education, and Families, National League of Cities
- Sara Slaughter – Executive Director, W. Clement and Jessie V. Stone Foundation
This webinar is open to all funders and philanthropy organizations.