On July 28, 2021, The Alliance for Early Success (the Alliance) announced five state coalitions have been selected for Child Care NEXT, an initiative to support in-state coalitions that are ready to mount long-term campaigns to achieve transformative change in their state’s child-care policies and funding. After an extensive application and review process, coalitions have been chosen in the following states:
- Colorado – Lead Organizations: Colorado Children’s Campaign, Colorado Statewide Parent Coalition
- Louisiana – Lead Organizations: Louisiana Policy Institute for Children, Wilcox Academy of Early Learning
- New York – Lead Organizations: Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy, Alliance for Quality Education, The Children’s Agenda
- Oregon – Lead Organization: Family Forward Oregon
- Virginia – Lead Organization: Virginia Promise Partnership
Groups from 36 states submitted proposals, and the five selected states will receive deep, ongoing support to develop and implement campaigns that achieve transformative state child-care policy.
Child Care NEXT aims to demonstrate how major structural change in state Early Care and Education (ECE) policy can make fundamental differences for children, families, and the economic vitality of their communities and states.
ECFC is especially proud that 4 of the 5 state coalitions selected (CO, NY, LA, and OR) include Raising Child Care Fund (RCCF) grantees. Many more applicants included RCCF grantees in their consortia, demonstrating that RCCF is building power and capacity for EC organizing in the states, alongside the Alliance advocates. We are working together to grow the state-based movements for child care investment and transformation.
For more information on Child Care NEXT:
- Read the full announcement.
- Get more information about the selected state teams.
- Get more information about Child Care NEXT.
- Read the recent editorial, Treating Child Care Like Early Learning Means Funding Child Care Like Early Learning