— ECFC Events —
Child Welfare and Early Childhood: Cross-Systems Collaboration to Improve Outcomes for Young Children and Their Families
This event was held on January 19, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST
Hosted by BUILD Initiative and the National Center for Infants and Toddlers (NCIT) Capacity-Building Hub
Approximately 40 percent of all children entering foster care are age five and under. When the child welfare and other systems address the needs of children and families, better outcomes result. The BUILD Initiative and the National Collaborative for Infants & Toddlers (NCIT ) Capacity-Building Hub will host a webinar series to explore why it is important to align the early childhood and child welfare systems; the negative impacts of racial disparities in child welfare systems for Black, Latino, and Native American children and families; and ways to strengthen the collaboration between early childhood and child welfare.
The kick-off webinar for this five-part series on January 19th and set the stage for four additional webinars through May 2022.
January 19th Speakers:
- Dr. Aisha Ray, Distinguished Fellow, BUILD Initiative
- Dr. Renee Boothroyd, Implementation Specialist, University of North Carolina, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
Host: Dr. Cynthia Tate, State Services Liaison, NCIT Hub Lead, BUILD Initiative
Webinar Schedule and Topics (All webinars are scheduled for 2:00-3:30 PM EST)
- Jan 19: Kick-off/Overview
- Feb 16: Cross-Systems Engagement
- Mar 16: Prevention
- Apr 20: Head Start and Child Care for Children in Child Welfare
- May 19: Family First Prevention Services (FFPSA) Opportunities for EC Programs
Learn more and register for the series or specific events here.
For background information on Child Welfare and Early Childhood Cross-Systems Collaboration, check out this collection of resources on the BUILD website.