— ECFC Events —
2020 Weekly COVID-19 Calls for EC Funders
This event was held on April 2, 2020 - November 12, 2020
- Impact of video and media on young children, co-hosted with Media Impact Funders (November 2020)
- Early Learning Experiences of Young Children, Kindergarten Assessments & Pre-K funding trends, featuring the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER). (September 2020)
- The Pandemic’s Disproportionate Impact on Immigrant Children and Families, Co-hosted with the Alliance for Early Success (May 2020)
- Impact of the Pandemic on Families and Young Children: Speakers: Rapid EC Project, Power-PAC Illinois, National Black Child Development Institute (May 2020)
- What’s Next for Child Care – Paths to Sustainable and Equitable Recovery. Speakers: Opportunities Exchange, National Children’s Facilities Network, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), and Local Income Investment Fund (LIIF) (June 2020)
- COVID-19 Risk in Child Care, a discussion with Walter Gilliam, Yale University (November 2020)
As the COVID-19 pandemic rapidly surfaced urgent needs for young children, their families and laid bare the fragility and inequity of the systems that serve them, ECFC began hosting weekly calls for any interested funder and philanthropy advisors/organizations to share philanthropic responses to COVID-19, and consider together we could meet immediate and long-term needs of our communities. With a mix of peer sharing and expert presentations, we considered:
- How to support vulnerable families – both economically AND with mental health and prevention resources to nurture resilience during this difficult time;
- How to keep child care providers and other critical family -serving institutions afloat to serve families now and in the future; and
- How to partner with public agencies to ensure that families and providers are covered by and access the additional public resources being made available.
This weekly call series took place April through November, 2020.